Jun 30, 2013

Yums - Candied Mint Tea Recipe

It's summer and it's sweltering, so I was craving some delicious Southern Sweet Tea. I have an abundance of mint and I thought how refreshing candied mint tea would be. The bonus of making candied mint is that you can use it in so many different mixed drinks, like mojitos (my favorite) and simply by itself it's a great candy.  So here's my recipe:




It's pretty straightforward, no measuring really necessary for this. All you need is an egg white, about 1/2 cup sugar, and rinsed fresh mint leaves. Dip the leaves in the egg white, then coat it thoroughly in the sugar. Place on wax paper to dry for a few hours. Once firm and crunchy it's ready to eat. I put a few in my tea while it brewed and added additional sugar - we Southerners like it absurdly sweet.

 Hope you enjoy my little recipe, cheers!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment