Jul 20, 2013

WORD


This weekend is full of getting out of my comfort zone. Today it's planned to officially move into Ryan's house! I've been pseudo living with him for a while, but today it's the real deal. 

On top of all that, I've been on a dog hunt. Ever since my beloved weenie dog, Oscar, died in April there's been a huge hole in my heart. I miss him so much, he was a mainstay of my life for 14 years. Moving on has been difficult - many random outbursts of crying (I'm a sap) and looking for him in my mind before remembering. I've decided that I wanted a new dog to grow with, but finding a dog has proven way harder than I anticipated. I'm extremely picky, this is a huge commitment. Shelters are extremely picky, it's a huge commitment. We've just haven't met on the same page yet - but I keep trying. It's my comfort zone to try a little and then if it doesn't work, give up. But honestly that's such a dumb way of thinking. So I will keep trying and the right pup will come into my life. 

I'm reminded of when I was dating, and how I met Ryan. I went on date after date, nothing would spark. I felt defeated and wanted to give up on dating for a long time. Ryan had asked me out, I cancelled one date so I felt compelled to go. I met him and I was just smitten. It happens when you least expect it but when you most need it. 

{photo by Ryan McCauley, words by Laniebird}

No comments:

Post a Comment