Oct 2, 2013

SKETCHES

Back in '08 I took a Fashion class in California. It was a lot of fun, but also very educational since we were taught about textiles and pricing. The final for that class was to design a fashion line, and we had to have everything planned out, down to where it would be produced, for how much and how much we would sell it for. Let me tell you that if I could sew I would totally rule the fashion world ;)

The line was inspired by this swatch of vintage fabric I found in a FREE bin at a antique store. It reminded me of camouflage so I made a line I called "Love is War". It's cliché, but I was really into that military trend back then. I look at some of my designs and wonder are they dated? Do they stand up after 5 years?







On a side note - can't wait for November! A lot of plans for Laniebird Designs are in the works and I can't wait to get them out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment