Aug 3, 2013

THRIFTY...SATURDAY?

I've been meaning to do a Thrifty Thursday, but alas life likes to get in the way. Today is now, but only temporarily, Thrifty Saturday.


I found these wonderfully 60s bar tumblers and this vintage San Francisco tray at the Denham Springs Antique District. I paid practically nothing for both things - $4.99 for the glasses and $10 for the tray. 

When I picked up the glasses last week I thought the price was $4.99 each glass (expensive, but that's how some antique stores roll), so I almost didn't buy them. I was delighted to find out they were indeed $5 as a set and I strolled out the store beaming. I love the pop of colors and the imperfect sunburst etchings. 

Now this tray holds a dear place in my heart. It was one of those shopping days that nothing was calling to me - until I laid eyes on this turquoise stunner. I lived in (and LOVED) San Francisco for seven years, so seeing the little landmarks on this kitschy souvenir I had to have it. It had no price tag so I timidly asked its price, waiting to hear something beyond my comfort level. Once I was told it was a mere $10 I snatched it up as quickly as I could. 

I love going to this Antique District and just browsing through all the pieces. They hold so much history and when I pick up an object I think about its life and who it's seen. It's a little strange to do so, but it's an heart warming thought for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment